Monday, June 16, 2008

World Wide Knit in Public (WWKIP) Day

Saturday was World Wide Knit in Public (WWKIP) Day and the Wooly Bullies were out shaking their fibers again…

Nicole planned a fabulous event for us where we gathered at the University of Manitoba. I brought my cousin Kathryn whom we taught how to knit and was well on her way to a dish cloth by the time we left.


I got some grey sock yarn in the yarn swap and won five skeins of a very strange colored alpaca wool in the prize draw…

Everyone brought food for the potluck lunch and my pails of margueritas were a big hit! It was damn good food too!

One of my favorite things was those of us who wore our matching “Yarn is a four-letter word” shirts…


So much fun! It's too bad the impending threat of rain kept us inside for the day. Oh well, maybe we will have sun next year...

No comments: