Friday, July 18, 2008

Thursdays are for Frogging...

In finishing my Dress Code Wrap yesterday, I found that my inkling that it "looked a little big" was quite the understatement. The drape of this yarn was quite different that what was used in the pattern I loosely based it after. A circus elephant could have fit it, still having enough room for his trunk. I swear the damn thing was HUGE!

After patiently ripping out half the cast off last night, I had a breakdown at midnight and threw the whole bloody thing in the trash. I am still not done with it though - I will pick up some new yarn today... THAT yarn had bad chi.

On a brighter note, today is my last day working at the University! My department is taking me out for lunch...

Also, I threw in some guesses for naming some of cosymakes new handspun the other day and she picked one of mine! Woot! I get 10% off - I think I am going to order her book. I love the embroidery on her pieces.

Have a wicked Friday and enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

prairiegirl said...

OH NO! Sorry to hear about the bad chi continuing. :(

At least its Friday, you're going for lunch and in one short week you'll be on holidays!